List of Benefits of Prime Minister Jan Dhan Yojana
1. It is a zero balance savings account.
2. Account holder will receive a kit containing cheque book, financial literacy and pass book. However this would vary from bank to bank and account usage.
3. Every account holder will get RuPay Debit card (which is India’s domestic debit card) included in the welcome kit. You can read benefits of rupay card here. RuPay card can also be used for eCommerce transactions.
4. Person will also get Aadhar number on the spot.
5. Family of account holder will get accident insurance cover of Rs. 1,00,000.
6. Life cover of Rs. 30, 000 was declared as an incentive for those opening the account by 26 January 2015. This life cover would be provided by India’s largest insurance company – Life Insurance Corporation of India.
7. Overdraft (loan) facility of Rs. 5000 would be provided once account holder completes 6 months and has kept account active. Loan amount would be increased to Rs. 15,000 if repayment is done on-time by the person. Ofcourse this would depend on each bank.
8. Farmers dependency on money lenders would reduce as they have been relying on money lenders especially in rural areas. Once trapped by money lenders, whole family’s future is ruined.
9. Account holder will also get interest on deposit and access to pension and insurance products
10. Money transfer can be done across Indian bank