The National Institution for Transforming India Aayog or NITI Aayogis a Government of India policy think-tank established by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to replace the Planning Commission. Here we have discussed different facts about NITI Aayog.
1. NITI Aayog or National Institution for Transforming India Aayog (NITI) is a policy think-tank of Government of India that replaces Planning Commission.
2. It aims to involve the states in economically policy-making in India.
3. It will be providing strategic and technical advice to the central and the state governments.
4. The Prime Minister heads the Aayog as its chairperson.
5. First meeting held in Delhi with sign board labelled as TEAM INDIA
6. Governing Council comprising the Chief Ministers of all the States and Lieutenant Governors of Union Territories
7. Experts, specialists, and practitioners with relevant domain knowledge as special invitees nominated by the Prime Minister
8. Present Members
> Chairperson : Prime Minister Narendra Modi
> CEO: Amitabh Kant
> Vice Chairperson :Bibek Debroy
> Ex-Officio Members : Rajnath Singh, Arun Jaitley, Suresh Prabhu and Radha Mohan Singh
> Special Invitees : Nitin Gadkari, Smriti Zubin Irani and Thawar Chand Gehlot
> Governing Council : All Chief Ministers and Lieutenant Governors of Union Territories