1. Delhi Metro is the world’s thirteenth largest metro system in terms of length and a member of Nova Group of Metros and india’s first large metro station.
2. Its total length is 193 kilometres (120 miles) serving total number of 140 stations
3. Delhi Metro is owned by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) and it is under the administrative control of Ministry of Urban Development, Government of India.
4. DMRC also provides consultancy services to other metro projects in the country as well as abroad
5. Delhi Metro’s implementation of Phase-I has been rated as “excellent” by the project’s funding agency, the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).
6. Delhi Metro is one of the few metro systems in the world having an operational profit from the first day.
7. Security on the Delhi Metro is handled by the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
8. The Metro station “Jor Bagh” at INA Colony in Delhi has a gallery showcasing artwork and handicrafts from across India
9. Former Indian Engineering Service (IES) officer Dr. E. Sreedharan was the first In-charge for DMRC & termed as “Metro Man”.He was awarded the Padma Shri by the Government of India in 2001,the Padma Vibhushan in 2008, the Chevalier de la Légion d’honneur in 2005 and named one of Asia’s Heroes by TIME magazine in 2003