==>> Here are the useful information about RBI
The position is currently held by Raghuram Rajan, who took over from D. Subbarao on 4 September 2013. Benegal Rama Rau ,the bank’s 4th governor, served the longest term on the office(7 years 142 days).
• The Reserve Bank Of India was established 1 april 1935.
- RBI was nationalized in -1949
- Also known as Banker of banks
• It is a member bank of the Asian Clearing Union.
• The Governor of RBI is Raghuram Rajan.
There are 4 Deputy Governors
- H R Khan,
- Dr Urjit Patel,
- Dr K C Chakrabarty
- Anand Sinha
==>> Main functions of RBI
- Regulator and supervisor of the financial system.
- Managerial of exchange control
- Issuer of currency.
==>> Institutions established by RBI and Head Office
1. Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation-Mumbai
2. National Housing Bank -New Delhi
3. National Bank for Agricultural and Rural Development-Mumbai
4. Securities Trading Corporation of India -Mumbai
5. Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note Mudran Private Limited-Bangalore
6. Industrial and Development Bank of India – Mumbai