NITI Aayog launched the Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP), on the occasion of International Women’s Day today. The initiative is aimed at building an ecosystem for women across India to realize their entrepreneurial aspirations, scale-up innovative initiatives and chalk-out sustainable, long-term strategies for their businesses.
CEO, NITI Aayog, Amitabh Kant, launched the WEP platform at NITI Aayog premises in the capital today in presence of UN Resident Coordinator in IndiaYuri Afanasiev, Kailash Kher, industry leaders and supporting partners. The WEP theme song “Naari Shakti” composed and sung by Shri Kailash Kher was released on this occasion.
Some Important information about Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP)
- Launched on: 8th March 2018.
- Launched place: New Delhi, India.
- Launched by: National Institution for Transforming India, the central government of India.
- Inaugurated by: NITI Ayog CEO Shree Amitabh Kant.
The objective of Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP)
With an informative, interactive website to act as a dedicated resource and knowledge base, WEP aims to address the bottlenecks faced by both aspiring and established women entrepreneurs by streamlining information across government and private sector schemes and initiatives.
WEP is to operate within a broader framework of industry collaborations and partnerships, which cut across sectors in the economy. From providing unique services such as credit evaluation of women-led startups by CRISIL and potential equity investments through an INR 10 crore fund established by DICE Districts, the WEP opens up avenues of growth and opportunity for women entrepreneurs.
Women entrepreneurs are encouraged to visit wep.gov.in for more information about the platform, its vision and initiatives.
WEP platform Service Partners
Described here various service partners will also give unique services to women entrepreneurs.
- CRISIL – This Company will give credit evaluation service of women-led startups.
- DICE – Dice has set up a separate fund of Rs. 10 crores for future equity investments which will give new opportunities.
- ShopClues.com – This partner is going to provide internship and dedicated mentor-ship to women entrepreneurs.
- Another corporate – Many other industry platforms like NASSCOM, CII, FICCI, SIDBI, and Facebook are in partnership.